I blow dried my hair for my birthday. It was pretty straight here, but didn't last that long outside.
Autumn is just about here, and that means one thing...I can wear my hair straight without it getting frizzy. Hooray! This weekend is supposed to be nice, so I plan to blow dry and wear my hair out. Like the rest of my regimen, I try to keep it fairly simple for blow outs, but since I have to protect my hair from heat damage, I add in a few more products to the mix.
- Wash and condition my hair: I like to start off with clean hair, so I wash with Kinky Curly Come Clean, which cleans my hair without stripping it, and condition with a Giovanni conditioner.
- Apply a deep conditioner: I like to use a repairing conditioner like Giovanni 2 Chic Repairing Intensive Hair Mask, which is a mix of a protein and moisturizing deep conditioner. With the deep conditioner in my hair, I also take this time to detangle with a denman.
- Apply aloe vera juice to my scalp: Aloe vera juice is great for decreasing shedding and keeps my scalp moisturized, which helps to prevent drandruff and an itchiness.
- Section and apply products: To get my hair fairly straight, I make 12 sections and apply my products in this order: liquid amino acids, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, Giovanni 2 Chic Ultra-Sleek Leave-In Conditioning & Styling Elixir, and Giovanni 2 Chic Ultra-Sleek Hair & Body Super Potion. The liquid amino acids help to protect and add strength to my hair, while also making it a little bit straighter, The Direct Leave-In adds moisture, and the Conditioning & Styling Elixir is the heat protectant. The Hair & Body Super Potion seals in the moisture, while also providing heat protection, as well.
- Blow-Dry: I make bantu-knots for each section to keep my hair out of the way. Then I take one section, and separate it in two. I clip one of those sections out of the way, and begin blow drying the other section using the tension method (pull hair taunt and blow dry hair while it’s pulled straight). When that section is dry, I start on the other section, and when both sections are done, I either two strand twist them together, or roll my hair around a flexi-rod. Just depends on the look I’m going for. Then, I move on to the next section.
- Apply some oil: When all of my hair is dry, I apply some Giovanni 2 Chic Ultra-Sleek Hair & Body Super Potion to add some shine.
Left to Right: Aloe vera juice, Giovanni 2 Chic Brazilian Keratin Leave-In Conditioning & Styling Elixer, Giovanni 2 Chic Brazilian Keratin Ultra-Sleek Hair & Body Super Potion, Liquid Amino Acids
Got a question or just want to say hi? You can connect with me on my social networks!