If you buy granola, you need to stop and start making it right now! It is so easy! And unlike making almond milk or hummus, where you will need to buy a blender or food processor, all you need to make granola is an oven and a baking sheet.
- 3 cups of old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/3 cup of maple syrup or honey
- Heat oven to 300°F and spread oats evenly on a 15x10x1-inch pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon and drizzle with honey. Toss to coat and spread evenly on the pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove and stir to mix granola. Spread evenly on the pan, and bake for another 15 minutes or until mixture is dry and lightly toasted. Cool completely.
Make it Your Own!
- Add dried fruit - cranberries, raisins, apples, mangos, pineapples - to the granola after baking and when it's cooled for added fiber, vitamins, and minerals
- Toss nuts - almonds, pecans, walnuts - with oatmeal prior to baking for protein
- Toss sunflower or pumpkin seeds with oatmeal prior to baking, or add chia seeds after baking and when cooled for healthy omega-3's
- Sprinkle with cacao powder after baking and when cooled for antioxidants
Got a question or just want to say hi? You can connect with me on my social networks!